Monday 9 July 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoo : Bad to the Bronze


This is one of those products that has arrived in Australia 5 months after the rest of the world has been excited bought it and is now really over it. So when I saw them on sale at my local chemist I was so excited I almost dropped my bulk pack of women's multi-vitamins all over the floor. After swatching all the colours up my arm and getting them on my jumper and needing a Vitamin Water to calm down, I realized that 'Tough as Taupe' was not available. What the heck Maybelline? 'Tough as Taupe' was the most hyped colour from the UK and US Youtube and blog babes. So after getting over that initial disappointment I decided on 'Bad to the Bronze' which is actually a more general metallic or actually a mixed metal shimmery tone rather than a straight up bronze. After applying 'Bad to the Bronze' using my fingers and blending out with Mac 217 and slightly taking it down to my lower lash line at 7am in the morning it was still going strong at 6pm without creasing, the intensity had slightly faded but I do rub my eyes a lot. The product itself is the first creaseless cream shadow base available on the lower end price range market and is very comparable to the Mac paint pots. My only disappointment is the colour selection available, all the colours are very high shimmer based and there are few neutrals to choose from, I would have really like to have some matte neutrals to be available to use them as a true eyeshadow base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...