Monday 9 July 2012

Yves Saint Laurent: Glossy Stains



OBSESSION ALERT! YSL's new Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains will be coming with me everywhere I go from now on. Lip glosses have taken a back seat in the makeup routines of my 20's but there was a time around 2003 when I was never without a Juicy Tube or Dazzle Glass in my porchette. The Glossy Stain's formula is part gloss in initial application and appearance then it settles into the lips as a creamy stain.
When applying the product with it's doe foot applicator it is a little difficult to get used to, it would be great if you had really big lips but my petite lips weren't as easy to coat - slightly messy and you have to move fast if you make a mistake because it will stain skin very quickly. One coat gives a nice glossy look to the lips with slight colour, but this product is designed to be build-able, so load it on to the intensity you want and let it set for about 20mins.
Apprehensive that they wouldn't actually stain my lips I put them to the biggest test : BURGERS. Could the YSL Glossy Stain keep my lips shinny and still pigmented when faced with a burger with the lot? YES! YES it did! The product is slightly sticky and does transfer onto cups and would be a nightmare in a heavy make out session.
The packaging is divine like all Yves Saint Laurent makeup, at 28 I feel YSL's Glossy Stains seem like an appropriate lip gloss of choice they aren't the shimmer packed babydoll pinks of my previous lip glosses but colour rich and very luxe.

FAVORITE COLOURS:
01 Plum : Vampy poppy purple that looks amazing on very pale skins and also on women of colour.
08 Orange : This is a true orange not a coral posing as an orange, beautiful for south east asian skintones.
12 Pink Coral: I have this on in the above photo, a sweet pink based coral which gives your lips a wash of colour - this is as nude as I go so I would wear this if I did a darker eye for night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...