Tuesday 29 January 2013

NARS Andy Warhol Collection Review

NARS Andy Warhol 'Walk on the Wild Side' Set $62.00 available from

Limited edition themed collections have been popping up from many of the high-end brands lately, many just re-packaged existing products which in my opinion isn't really a collection its just new packaging - but hey, I am a sucker for packaging!

The NARS Andy Warhol Collection really intrigued me before I had even set eyes on any of the products. Having a pre-developed love/hate relationship with NARS, some products I cannot use its almost as if my face rejects them and some I will re-purchase till I die - I'll be the nanna lining up at Mecca buying Matte Velvet Lip Pencils with my pension.

Of course I wanted the Andy Warhol 'Silver Factory' Set but alas it is $320.00
(Silver Factory Multiple (Silver), Shadows Trio Eyeshadow (new shades), Chelsea Girls Pure Matte Lipstick, Desire Blush, Larger Than Life long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Large Domes Eyeshadow Brush #13.) Yes the prices are a little ALOT on the steep side. 

The 'Walk on the Wild side' Set $62.00 is a little easier to part with....The set contains: Silver Factory Illuminator, It Nail Polish, Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Orgasm (all mini's)

My favourite product is the Nail Polish in 'IT' -  a beautiful cobalt purple with a not so obvious silver shimmer which gives it an amazing depth. It applies beautifully an is opaque in 2 coats. 'IT' does need a high-shine top coat as is can dent because of the shimmer content.

The 'Silver Factory' Illuminator is beautiful, mixed in with your foundation or moisturizer to give an all over angelic glow to the skin or applied directly to the high points of your cheeks and brow bone to give that 70's disco queen look. 

Can someone please help? Am I the only girl in the world that cannot wear the NARS 'Larger than life Lipgloss'? It applies patchy and its really really sticky and just looks awful on me. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. This is the only dud product, it would have been better and more true to the collaboration if a pale pink Matte Lipstick was included instead.

NARS Andy Warhol Collection available from Mecca Cosmetica for a limited time.

What was your favorite product form the NARS Andy Warhol Collection?
Let me know in the comments or on twitter @beautegazette

xx Nella



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...