Monday 14 April 2014

Rimmel BB Cream Matte : Review and Swatches

Rimmel BB Cream Matte $12.95 available from www.priceline.com.au

Rimmel has finally got on board the already packed train of BB creams with it's latest release the Rimmel BB Cream Matte. Like all western BB creams it is not a traditional BB Korean cream, it is a sheer coverage tinted moisturiser which is very buildable. The consistency of the product when squeezed from the tube is very runny, and you have to work with it straight away otherwise it goes everywhere. On the plus side a little goes a long way and it is easily worked into your skin with fingers or a brush. If I am having a lazy day one layer applied quickly with my fingers does the job but if I need a more even and perfected 2 layers is best. I also found the more you build up the product the more mattifying it becomes, a great trick is to apply 2 layers in your more oil prone t-zone areas. A slight warning do not travel with it without putting it in a secure zip lock bag, the lid is not very secure  and I had a major leakage which completely ruined and stained my favourite make up bag. :(  
But for the price it is an amazing product and I would completely recommend it for teenagers needing a light base or if you just need a cheapie no-fuss foundation for applying quickly in the morning.


The range is made up of only 3 colours, which is very limited with the choice of Light, Medium or Dark. Light works for my skin tone worked in down my neck so as not to leave a crazy-lady foundation mask line.
Rimmel BB Cream Matte $12.95 available from www.priceline.com.au

This very sleepy selfie was snapped on my first day off in 3 weeks, 'Hello eye bags, I hate you, please leave my face'. I love this foundation for lazy make up days when the maximum amount of time I am spending on my face is 5 minutes. You can see it is a very sheer coverage and imperfections and dark spots are showing through but it has evened out my skin quite a lot and I feel good leaving the house to run errands without feeling the dreaded 'I'm naked without make up on' feeling.


xxx Nella

Twitter @beautegazette
Instagram @beautegazette
Google +  +Nella van veenendaal 
Bloglovin' HERE
TUMBLR HERE


** I was kindly gifted these products for blog consideration. This did not, in any way, influence my opinion on the product. Please refer to my policy and disclaimer for more information.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the stay-matte formula of this will help keep me from looking sweaty under hot lights?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...