Friday 2 November 2012

Light Summer Makeup Base

My skin has been looking particularly good and glowy at the moment -  even if I do say so myself. It is probably to do with the weather being warmer and also being very strict with remembering to apply Rose hip Oil as my night cream.
 Not wanting to clog up my newly clear pores I have been experimenting with lighter makeup base routines, here is my current favourite:

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer available from Kit Cosmetics $52.95 available from Kit Cosmetics

Real Techniques Delux Crease Brush $39.90 (part of set)available from Priceline 
Stila Perfecting Concealer (Shade 2) $37.00 available from Mecca Cosmetica www.meccacosmetica.com.au

Clinique Air Brush Concealer (Shade 2) $40.00 available from Clinque 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush $44.99 (part of set) available from Priceline 
The Balm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Transulsant Powder $25.90 available from David Jones and www.thebalm.com

STEP 1
Apply your day moisturiser with SPF, remember to moisturise your neck and ears.
STEP 2
Using a silicone primer and your fingers apply a small pea size amount over your t-zone where you would normally get shiny or oily through the day and also anywhere your pores are larger and visible - for me this is on my cheeks near my nose.
It will feel very strange almost a velvet-y soft sensation, because I am not using a foundation the primer gives the powder a base to be applied on to. The Smashbox one I am testing out is lovely and I will be purchasing the full size.
STEP 3
Eye brightening is essential for me, having dark circles and visible blue veins around my eye area because I am so pale. There are lots of light brightening / highlighting concealer pens available but for me the Clinique Air Brush Concealer gives slightly more coverage than others like the YSL Touché Eclat which is more of a highlighter - I am also going to try Bare Minerals Stroke of light Eye Brightener next.
When blending the product onto the eye area, I start from the bottom of the darkened area and work upwards going slightly onto the eyelid blending in very light small circular motions with a synthetic fluffy brush.
STEP 4
Spot concealing is essential, this Stila perfecting concealer is going to last the rest of my life because you only need the tiniest pin prick amount of product. Using the same brush as under your eyes blend out the concealer using dabbing circular motions.

STEP 5
At this stage if you are freaking out that you need more coverage you can use a mineral powder like Laura Mercier Mineral powder which will give you more colour and coverage. If you are cool as a cucumber with the coverage and just want to blend and even your skin tone out with a light coverage I like The Balm's Sexy Mama Translucent powder. Using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush load the brush up with powder and push then blend the powder into your skin. Starting from the centre of your face and work outwards.
STEP 6
This is the finished base, it is very quick and easy - great for summer!
Also if you have trouble matching a foundation to your skin tone this is a great alternative to a traditional foundation routine as you wont have a mismatched face and neck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...