Wednesday 18 July 2012

Blondes on Film


Sissy Spacek 'CARRIE' 1979
I am guessing that this was Sissy's natural hair colour in Carrie, she is pushing the outter spectrum on the blonde-sphere and verging on ginger but I am definately pulling more strawberry blonde. Her hair has the most beautiful natural highlights and the tone complimenting her sweet freckles. It is styled mostly straight (sometimes bloody) through the movie but in the prom scene she has had the ends set in rollers to give a drop curl effect.
'Breasts, Mama. They’re called breasts, and every woman has them' - Carrie



Alicia Silverstone 'CLUELESS' 1995
BABE ALERT! My be all and end all inspiration in life...I give you...CHER HOROWITZ. She proves all you need is a half a head of well blended ash blonde highlights and you can go from a mousey brown to a sun goddess valley girl. The girl also took hair accessories to a whole-nother level, Alice bands for a preppy casual and side pinning parts for evening date looks. She was way ahead of her time.
'So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so.' - Cher Horowitz

Daryl Hannah 'SPLASH' 1984
This was one of the first ever movies I saw as a very young and impressionable child and my thought process was something along the lines of 'when I grow up I really want to look like Madison in Splash' and I did a great job at growing my nautrally white blonde locks half way down my dack until about year one when my mum chopped it all off because there was a plague of nits at school. But lets get back to Daryl, her waist length signature 'nordic' blonde treases are incredible! The styling is hilarious a loose crimp which would have been done with braids or those foam curlering noodles that were way big in the Physie-Culture scene of the late 80s. 



Michelle Pfeiffer 'SCARFACE' 1983
The frosted ice blonde highlights in Michelle Pfeiffer's hair in Scarface took coke glamour to a brutly high freqnecy. She was all glamour power bob and no one fucked with her, I think it was because of her serverly perfect rolled in ends. They would have taken a shitload of time to blowdry and anyone that dedicated to a style means business.
Vidal Sassoon Big Hair Styler $78.95 Loreal Elnett Very Sexy Volume $8.90
'Even if I were blind, starved and begging for it on a desert island you'd be the last thing I'd ever fuck' - Elvira Hancock 

Kirsten Dunst 'MARIE ANTOINENETTE' 2006
My second favorite new wave hollywood blonde (The Fanning sisters are first!) Kirsten Dunst has great hair in general all cool girl styles. She is naturally dark blonde I'm assuming and has coloured it with a base and varying width white blonde high lights. What I really like about her hair in Marie Antoinette is that she has very visible darker roots, it gives the lighter hight lights of blonde in her hair depth and texture. The later in the film she goes hair party mental, then a pink tinge - which was actually historically popular in the time of Marie Antoinettes reign as the Dauphine of France 1770-1774 (not cool girl Coppola time), dyes were made of berries and tea.
Klorane Oat Milk Dry Shampoo $10.99 Kevin Murphy Color Bug ' Pink' $24.95
'I have enough diamonds' - Marie Antoinette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...