Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Tom Ford Blush 'Love Lust'

Tom Ford Blush 'Love Lust' $85.00 available at David Jones
There is pretty makeup packaging and then there is DIVINE makeup packaging. Tom Ford products fall into the divine category. This is my first Tom Ford purchase and I have to say I did feel a little bit like the Queen of Sheba when I opened up the little rich brown box to pull out a little rich brown suede pouch. It looked smelled and radiated posh-out-babe-I'm-expensive, I ohhhh'ed and ahhhh'ed at the magnetic closure and tried my hardest not too get finger prints on it.
Originally I wanted 'Flush' but when swatching the colours at the Tom Ford counter 'Love Lust' was the colour which in reality was a better match for my skintone. Shout out to Joel at the Tom Ford counter in the Elizabeth St David Jones for helping me make my choice. He was a total honeychild, we talked about our love of knitting and if I was Kim Kardashian with Kanye West's credit card I would have just bought one of everything......but I'm not. 
'Love Lust' in the pan looks a deep pink based coral with quite obvious gold shimmer particles. Transferred to the cheek the shimmer is less obvious and breaks down into a sheen which is very beautiful when it catches the light. 'Love Lust' in standard light it gives you a rosey flush but in the sunlight or when you move the gold tones really shine working as a highlighter. Because of this I applied it higher up on my cheekbones rather than on the apples of my cheeks - shimmery blush does not belong on the apples. The wear time is phenomenal, all day no need to re-apply.
If you like Nars 'Orgasm' or 'Deep Throat' you will love Tom Ford's 'Love Lust', if this blush existed in the 80's then Boy George would have used it as an eye shadow and Michelle Phiffer would have used to chisel 'those' cheekbones in Scar Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...