Monday 23 June 2014

NAIL WEEK!! Day 4 : New O.P.I Collections SPOTLIGHT ON GLITTER & SHEER TINTS

O.P.I has two new releases out which have got me super excited - Sheer Tints & Spotlight on Glitter! They are a break from the celebrity collections and are a must for any nail polish addict.

Sheer Tint's are a jelly formula polish, thicker than a standard polish but with only a slightly longer dry time. These were a bit tricky on the first application (as you can see there are a few overlaps and bumps on my nails above.) but I asked one of my favourite nail bloggers Maria from So Nailicious for her advice on the Sheer Tints :
- Always apply a white base coat before the sheer tint.
- Use a small fine tip paint brush to do your sheer tint nail art because the formula is too thick on the brush that comes in the bottle.
I followed these tips and found them very useful - Thanks Maria!
The daisy design worked best because of the white polish peaking through, I love the cute water colour effect it gave to the design. Next I am going to try and do a tartan/plaid design building up opacity, like Maria featured on her blog.
OPI Sheer Tint Nail Polish Colours $19.95each available from www.davidjones.com.au 



From left to right: Chasing Rainbows, Desperately Seeking Sequin, Blush Hour, Rose of Light & I Reached My Gold.

Glitter hasn't slowed down on the nail trend-o-meter, but I have found that the trend has moved to placement glitter. With the most popular being a glitter french tip or gradient glitter moving up from the cuticle base of the nail to the tip, rather than the traditional glitter topcoat look.

OPI Spotlight on Glitter Nail Polish Colours $19.95each available from www.davidjones.com.au 

'I Reached My Gold' - The most chunky of the glitters features gold hexagonal yellow gold glitter with smaller confetti silver and gold pieces.

'You Pink Too Much' - Very pretty small shimmer based rose pink glitter with silver accents.

'Rose of Light' - Rose Gold and light pink shimmer fine glitter, highly reflective.

'Blush Hour' - The only tinted base colour, sheer fuchsia base with purple glitter pieces and silver shimmer accents.

'Chasing Rainbows' - If you didn't get your hands on the coveted 'Rainbow Connection' this is an amazing dupe/update without the hype. It is party confetti on your nails.

'Desperately Seeking Sequin' - If this was a nail polish was a person it would be Diana Ross, an amazing silver streamer shimmer combo which gives amazing rainbow reflection.


xx Nella
Twitter @beautegazette
Instagram @beautegazette
Google +  +Nella van veenendaal 
Bloglovin' HERE


** I was kindly gifted these products for blog consideration. This did not, in any way, influence my opinion on the product. Please refer to my policy and disclaimer for more information.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...