Tuesday 6 November 2012

What's in my bag? Summer Everyday Makeup


My makeup bag changes daily depending if I have had enough time to apply eyeshadow or if I can be bothered with a bright lip.
This is what I have been carrying about in my makeup bag today:

Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle:
This is my perfect brownie nude - finally I have found one! Having a very light and pink toned skin beige-nude toned lip colours look terrible on me, l look absolutely sick. In the packaging Pink Truffle looks slightly mumsy, but on the lips it gives just the right amount on 'my lips but better' with a slight nod to Olivia Palermo.

Real Techniques Contour Brush:
The only brush I have been using to apply blush, it can get into the hollow of your cheek to do a bit of cheek-bone cheating contouring and can also apply your blush perfectly onto the apples of your cheeks. Recently I have been totally into using smaller brushes to apply product and then a larger kabuki to blend out.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar:
Previously I had written about Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks saying that they weren't worth the hype - I am putting my hand up - I was wrong. The reason I was hating on the bricks was that I was applying them all wrong! Using smaller brushes like the Real Techniques Contour Brush, and using the colours in the shimmer brick separately and only applying to your cheeks not an all over shimmer mess- they give you the sweetest glow to your cheeks.

The Balm Sexy Mama Transulesent Powder:
By 10am my forehead is shining like its just won a logie during summer, translucent powder is my best friend. Tinted powders give me too much coverage and look cakey but this powder is just right.

Lancomes Hypnose Drama:
With such a neutral face go I BIG with my lashes, like 8 layers of thick spider lashes.

Dr Jart+ BB Water Fuse:
Being out and about this doubles as my sunscreen, if I am going to have lunch outside or going to appointments I will re-apply this to make sure not to get burnt. The formula is light enough to be build-able and blends easily with fingers.

Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Concealer Shade 2:
I picked this up over the weekend and already it is a new favourite, giving good coverage for under eye concealing with slight light reflecting shine not as much as YSL's Touche Eclat. It is also a very affordable at $26.95 compared to other higher end brands concealers.

Loreal Brow Stylist in blonde:
Wow this is great, it is such a soft wax pencil and glides onto brows rather than pulling. The colour isn't that amazing - but it does the job.

Sportsgirl Travel Kabuki:
Such a soft brush - I love it for applying translucent powder throughout the day.

So that's it - probably my most restrained makeup bag ever.
What's in your summer everyday makeup bag? Is there anything that you cannot leave the house without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...