Tuesday 19 February 2013

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow - No.9 Rosewood



 Burberry Beauty is available from selected David Jones stores and www.au.burberry.com
Burberry Sheer Eye Shadows are AU$45.00 each

So I totally caved and whilst walking through David Jones on Sunday morning I tried desperately hard to walk past Burberry...Then I thought 'I'll just swatch some of the eye shadows'...Then before you know it I was half an arm deep in swatches and the seriously sweet Burberry Rep and I were really bonding over mid-tone brown shimmery shadows and I was buying my first ever Burberry beauty Sheer Eye Shadow.

No.09 Rosewood was my pick, everything about is beautiful from the textured box to the magnetic closure to the creamy texture of the shadow it is perfect. Burberry is in the luxe category of beauty so at $45.00 each you expect everything to be on point with the price tag - and it is.

Rosewood is a mid-tone brown with a dusty rose undertone and silver micro sheen which gives a satin finish on the lid. It applies slightly lighter than the colour in the pan but can be built up to increase intensity and also worn with a brown liner to create a deeper look. A totally wearable everyday all over lid colour which I thought was was safe choice for my first Burberry beauty purchase, I wasn't going to pay $45.00 for an eye shadow that I could only wear sometimes or only at night. The texture is super soft due to the silicone infused formula and it also lasted all day without creasing or fading at all, most eyeshadow primers are silicone based which is why Rosewood has such great staying power.

So impressed by Rosewood I am already creating a Burberry Beauty wish list is growing at a rapid rate:
-Sheer Eye Shadow No.3 Porcelain - The softest wash of nude perfect for blue eyes.
-Sheer Eye Shadow No.21 Midnight Brown - Paired with Rosewood in the crease would be a beauiful brown smokey eye.
-Lip Velvet No. 305 Honeysuckle - Almost a coral almost a brown, a very wearable bright with a matte finish.


Oh Hey Burberry, I think I love you! Wink Wink! 


xoxo Nella


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...