Tuesday 30 October 2012

Beauté Gazette's American Shopping list



My product obsession is reaching fever pitch at the moment - blame it on YouTube Beauty Channels and Bloggers enticing reviews and that I have a serious case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). It is super frustrating when products are raved about online and then you do a search for them and either find that they aren't available in Australia or the price is phenomenally inflated and shipping is the price of a small car.
My friend Mazzy is about to go to the states to visit family and while she is over there I have given her the below shopping list (all prices are in US dollars):

Sephora Favorites Sets $25.00 - $75.00 available from Sephora
These packs are so handy, containing 9 or so product mini's and 1 full size product it is a great way to test out new brands and releases. I like mini's because to be honest I hardly ever finish a full product anyways. The selections are constantly rotating at Sephora so it is like a lucky dip.

Wet 'N' Wild Eyeshadow trio in 'Sweet as Candy' $4.00 available from Drugstores
Wet'n'Wild eyeshadow is always raved about with most reviews comparing the pigmentation and creaminess to MAC shadows. Of course I am desperate to try them and I am sure I will hate them because shimmery eye shadows are so not my thing BUT how can I not give them a try?

Slatkin and Co Candles in Leaves and Black Pepper Bergamot 2 for $20.00 available from Bath and Body Works
American friends of mine think its hilarious that I am so desperate for these candles because Bath and Body Works is so cringy. What can I say? My consumer driven taste buds are salivating to smell Leaves - every time I see a youtuber stick this candle under their nose and sniff they look like they have smelt a rare orchid in paradise. Gimme!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Smitten and Honey $7.50
These aren't available in Australia till January and I seriously cannot wait, they are highly raved about as a dupe and advancement on the Clinique chubby sticks. Also expect a massive price hike when they arrive on Australian shelves so at US$7.50 I am totally getting 2!

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hour Blush in Blissful $25.00
Oh heavens these blushes look so heavily pigmented in swatches I have seen online, Tarte isn't available in Australia or UK so I have been google image searching lustfully looking at swatches to  decide which would look the perfect peachiest blushful pink on my skin tone, I am so excited to wear this colour over summer on my cheeks and to test if they really do last 12-hours of wear time.

Josie Maran  Argan Oil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40 $32.00
Wasn't Josie Maran on the TV version of superman in the late 90's? Or something like that? Anyway, I love these products the argan oils and also the magic cheek and lip stain market make you look like you have been sucking on redskins for 2 days.

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer palette $10.50
Megan Isobel one of my favourite bloggers/youtubers raves about this concealer palette and with my increasing dark circles and bags this concealer couldn't arrive fast enough. Don't know much more about this at all but I totally need it.

Here is what I am curious about:
How much are your swayed about products by bloggers? and what products are you finding hard to get where you live in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...